5 Bathroom Cleaners Seniors Need to Try
Here we’ve recommended five highly rated bathroom cleaners that will match your job and provide you with the results you desire.
Let’s face it: Cleaning the bathroom doesn’t occupy the top spot on your priority list. However, that should not be the case. Soap, grime, scum, and mold tend to accumulate in your bathroom if you don’t clean it. Furthermore, bathrooms are exposed to plenty of germs every day, which are not going to clean themselves up.
If you want to keep germs at bay and leave your shower or porcelain tub sparkling clean, you must roll up your sleeves for a deep cleaning session. Also, you must use quality products designed for tackling germs, grime, scum, and mold.
Clorox first appeared in the American market scene when five investors came together to design the first liquid bleach factory in America in 1913.
Even though the company’s primary intention was to manufacture industrial bleach, the company didn’t experience success up until one of the manager’s wife came up with the idea to create a milder version of the bleach for household use.
In 1916, she started giving out small batches of bleach at the family’s general store. Most housewives quickly loved the product and started including Clorox in their daily laundry routines.
While Clorox might be popular for its household laundry bleach, its current products include bleach-free bathroom cleaners. If you’re searching for a clean and germ-free bathroom environment, look at the following Clorox products.
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes: Ideal for keeping the environment faultless in between regular cleanings.
- Clorox Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Leaves your toilet bowl sparkling with every flush.
- Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach: Not only does it stop 99% of germs but also whitens and brightens your bathroom.
- Clorox Plus Tiles Daily Shower: When sprayed to the interior of shower surfaces, it stops, soap, scum, and grime accumulation.
You can find Clorox products in a wide range of stores, and their cost range between $3.59 to $7.89, depending on the type of product and bottle size.
Introduced in America in 1929, Pine-Sol is a great solution for cleaning grime and heavy grease. However, it was until the 1950s that it became a popular household name.
Originally, Pine-Sol was manufactured from pine oil, but in 2016 the company adopted glycolic acid as the active ingredient. Besides its original scent, today’s Pine-Sol products come in a variety of scents. The scents include Sparkling Wave, Lemon Fresh, Mango Mandarin, Burst Lavender Clean, and Sunshine Meadow. Its list of products includes:
- Pine-Sol Squirt ‘n Mop Surface Floor Cleaner: It cleans and deodorizes bathroom floors, leaving no sticky residue.
- Pine-Sol All-Purpose Cleaner: Combats stubborn bathtub rings, leaving floors sparking and scented. It also leaves toilet bowls clean and disinfected.
You can buy Pine-Sol in any store that sells household products. The price range of Pine-Sol products is as follows: $3.55 for Pine-Sol Squirt ‘n Mop Surface Floor Cleaner and $8.50 for Pine-Sol All-Purpose Cleaner.
Lysol is a brand name that represents a wide variety of household disinfectant products, including liquid hand soaps, disinfecting wipes, and aerosol purifying products.
It was first introduced to the market in 1918 by Dr. Gustav Raupernstrauch to fight the outbreak of cholera. It also came in handy in the 1918 flu pandemic in Spain. After many years of combating epidemics, Lysol finally got adopted for household cleaning by many American citizens. Today, Reckitt Benckiser LLC in New Jersey distributes this amazing product.
For a very long time, Benzalkonium chloride has been the active ingredient in Lysol products. However, recently the company adopted a hydrogen peroxide formula, which is designed to give households the same level of cleanliness minus the chlorides.
To help you figure out the best Lysol product for you, here’s a list of the most popular Lysol bathroom cleaners:
- Lysol Mold & Mildew Blaster: The perfect Lysol product to tackle stubborn fungal infestations.
- Lysol Brand Power Foam Bathroom Cleaner: Combats soap scam and gets rid of mold and mildew.
- Lysol Clean & Fresh Toilet Bowl Cleaner: keep germs at bay and leaves your bathroom sparkling clean.
- Lysol Power Bathroom Cleaner: Designed to fight stubborn soap scum in showers, tubs, sinks and leave your fixtures with a high shine.
You can find Lysol in a variety of stores, supermarkets, online stores, and big-box stores. It costs between $2.49 to $8.49, depending on the size of the bottle.
Established in 1988, in Burlington, Vermont, Seventh Generation has grown to be one of the most used household cleaning products. Seventh Generation chlorine-free product is produced from plant-based phosphates. For those individuals searching for eco-friendly bathroom cleaners, here’s what Seventh Generation offers you:
- Seventh Generation Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Offers you a bleach-free way to keep your toilet clean and sparkling.
- Seventh Generation Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner: A multi-purpose cleaner that allows you to clean every inch of your bathroom. It cost about $3.88, and it’s available online, in supermarkets, and in natural food stores.
- Seventh Generation Natural Tub & Tile Cleaner: Dissolves grime, soap, and scum easily. It cost about $6.35, and available online, it’s in supermarkets and natural food stores.
Scrubbing Bubbles was launched in America in the 1970s by Dow Chemical Company. Originally, this cleaning product was known as Dow Bathroom Cleaner, but in 1997 its name changed to Scrubbing Bubbles after S.C Johnson bought the line. The active ingredient in this product is bleach.
Some of the most popular Scrubbing Bubbles products include:
- Scrubbing Bubbles Power Stain Destroyer Toilet Bowl Cleaners: Handles difficult bathroom cleaning tasks with ease.
- Scrubbing Bubbles Bubbly Bleach Gel: It will leave your entire bathroom brightened and fresh.
- Scrubbing Bubble Mega Shower Foamer Aerosol: Maintains the freshness of showers in between scheduled scrubbing.
- Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Gel Toilet Cleaning Stamp: Ensures that it keeps our toilet clean, sparkling, and fresh for about 12 days.
Just like the other products we’ve mentioned, you can purchase Scrubbing Bubbles products from online retailers, variety stores, and supermarkets. The prices range from $3.85 to $18.05, for Scrubbing bubbles Antibacterial Bathroom Flushable Wipes and Scrubbing Bubble Foaming Disinfectant Bathroom cleaners, respectively.
There you have it, the five best bathroom cleaners in the market in 2021. We hope this list will help you make an informed purchase.